A single delivery guy in a dimly-lit street carefully opens the food packets he is (presumably) delivering and has a few bites from each before systematically sealing each and proceeding on his job. BW (Before WhatsApp), this would have been a small story. Today, there is a sharp debate ignited pitting those who blame corporate greed against those who blame human greed. But ignoring that juicy debate for a moment, […]
Time and tide wait for now one. Consumers change, environments evolve, even technology causes disruptions. Branding can get out-dated, monotonous, or plain irrelevant. With these changing times and customer preferences, companies have to re-invent their marketing to stay in the game -and this is hard. Here are some inspirational stories of brands that were the victim of out-dated branding and how they got back into the game. Apple: 16 September 1985 […]
Do consumers know about your brand and what it represents? That’s the crux of Brand Awareness. Do you search on the net or do you Google? Do you use a mobile wallet to conduct a financial transaction or do you PayTM it? That’s the holy grail of what brand awareness can do for you. It can embed the consciousness of the brand and the value it can deliver into the […]
A good design is to a brand what oxygen is to living beings. Irrespective of what sector the brand caters to, a good product, packaging, and logo design help a brand stand out and thrive. Good design here is an umbrella term which includes brand logos, retail experiences, product, packaging, web presence et al. To create a brand impression in the market you need to ace them all. Let us […]
To make a brand powerful – it requires thought, planning, and consistency in communication. A brand needs to fit into a consumer’s life and value set seamlessly. Making a brand is not just about your product or your service anymore –it is about showcasing what makes the brand tick. Here are some points for brands to consider while designing their communication: 1) Precise Communication / Positioning – It is crucial for […]
Honest confession -I’m not overly fond of advertising at this time of the year. It is one of my pet peeves how brands try to force fit the “peace and happiness” message of the holiday season into their overall messaging. Many of the connections they draw are tenuous and, even worse, often these are completely out of character for the brand itself. That’s why when something so refined and apt […]
In the day and age of online shopping, it has become harder than ever to entice customers into a retail store. How do you persuade shoppers to visit your store amidst the traffic and crowds when they can buy what they want from the comfort of their homes? As the convenience of e-commerce becomes more and more evident, a retail store has to be much more than a place to […]
Nations such as India and Brazil are seeing tremendous economic growth. With that growth comes a significant rise in the disposable income of the people. These more well-off consumers are changing their buying preferences, consumption habits, and requirements too. One of the changes this affluence has sparked is an interest in higher value and better designed personal care products. As it happens, the APAC geography is doing particularly well in […]
By 2020, the food packaging industry in India will soar to $65 Billion from the current $40 Billion. Being one of the five biggest packaged food sellers globally, India has established its position as a key market globally. The volume makes it Asia’s second largest country with over 34 Million tonnes of sales volume. Despite these promising developments and predictions, it is fair to say that India is still an […]
From your coffee maker to your electric toaster – your hairdryer, your smartphone, washing machine your electric toothbrush – it’s all in the consumer durable category. But what makes a brand more successful than the others? It may be down to how the brand is perceived by its consumers. Consumers may not know the specific tangible differences between two brands – however, they still have preferences and these preferences are […]
- You Say Zo-may-to, I say Zo-mah-to
- 5 rebranding exercises that really worked…
- 5 Ways Brands Can Grow Awareness
- 7 cases that illustrate that good design is good business
- 6 factors for brands to consider while designing their communication
- Apple’s Feel-Good Message Of The Year- And Why It’s Great Marketing
- E-commerce Branding Best Practices
- 4 logo design stories each brand can learn from…
- The Importance of the Art of Looking, Drawing, and Storytelling
- To Retail Brands With An Eye On Ikea
- Just ‘Cause – Why Brands Shouldn’t Support Causes (…And Why They Should)
- 7 Ways in Which Brands Can Drive Loyalty
- 12 Powerful Vision Statements Driving Strong Brands
- 6 Points to consider while defining your Brand’s Vision
- What is Brand Identity?
- 7 Logo Design Trends that are catching up fast…
- B(u)y The Numbers – The Complicated Relationship Between Brands And Influencers
- I Have Some Good News and Some Bad News, But Would You Like To Hear The Fake News First?
- 10 Packaging Structures that caught our eye
- Remembering Some F & B Branding Fails
- Best practices for restaurant / hotel branding
- 7 reasons why your Brand’s Architecture matters
- 5 Points to Consider While Designing a Logo for Your Brand
- No Mo’ Nano – Goodbye and Thank You For The Memories
- Life’s Good – But Is The Corporate Brand Communication?
- Let’s Raise Our Cups To a Truly Inspirational Leader
- 6 points to consider while driving Customer Engagement for your Brand
- 6 recent F&B Branding stories that will catch your eye…
- Just How Far are Brands Being Driven By Purpose?
- 7 Pitfalls to Avoid in F&B Branding
- Is It Alive Or Just Artificial?
- 5 points to consider while coining a name for your Brand
- 5 Best Practices For Personal Care Brands
- 5 Trends For F & B Brands To Watch Out For In 2018
- 7 Points To Consider While Defining Your Brand Purpose
- “Purpose” Is Back In Positioning And We Love It!
- The Public and the Republic Day
- Hearing The Voice Of Reason In The Social Echo Chamber
- The Museum: Emerging narratives in contemporary India
- What Role Can Brands Play In The Lives of their Consumers?
- The Copy-Cat Chronicles – 5 Brands That Chose to Follow and Fail
- The Feeling is Electric – The Havells story, and our part in it!
- The business of Entropy
- Hello 2018!