We live in a society, so we believe in what it tells us, preaches to us. We accept it all happily because we feel it is good for us. The society has made standard systems for every field and if any particular system says this is a problem, we take it seriously and work on it. A few years ago our education system became very conscious of Dyslexia and said if some […]
Ikea’s Hyderabad store opening was the stuff of retail legend. There were traffic jams on the highways leading to and away from the store. Footfalls and sales were at levels seldom encountered in India before. Even the in-house restaurant is said to have clocked enviably high sales on the opening day. Despite it being early days yet, there is a sense that this take-off is due to more than mere […]
I’ve written here that I think Nike may have been justified in their recent choice of ad spokesmodel (you know the one I’m talking about). I have also written here that I do not believe the assorted pubs, doughnut shops, and mattresses gleefully posting meme-worthy content on their social channels after the Sec 377 verdict were similarly justified. Hypocrisy much? Well, you decide. To my mind, the most critical question […]
Loyalty is a powerful feeling that can unite millions of people together towards a common shared goal. It is strong enough to make an individual take substantial risks for the object of their allegiance. The concept has been explored by psychologists, philosophers, economics, political scientists, and marketers alike. And certain evolutionary biologists view loyalty as an adaptive mechanism passed down through the generations. To a relationship counsellor, it could mean […]
Earlier, we had discussed how the driving force behind any brand is its purpose. Like the captain of a ship navigating its way through unpredictable seas, a brand’s purpose acts as the driving force behind an organization. Brand vision, on the other hand, is comparable to a compass. The brand’s vision is what shows the path for the rest to follow. The vision helps the company plan out exactly where […]
The sum of the beliefs, ideas, and impressions a consumer possesses of what a specific brand represents defines the overall branding. Branding traditionally consists of the look of the product and its accessories, such as logos, slogans, and other identifiers. There are many factors at play when customers are interacting with a brand. This perception of the brand can be strengthened via advertising, word of mouth publicity, packaging, and […]
Apparently, 59% of respondents in a survey said that they would stop buying the products or services of a brand, even one they “loved” if it shared “fake news” with them. The connect of a brand with such “fake news” does not even have to be so direct to hurt-mega brands like Kellogg’s saw a public backlash when it was revealed that their ads were appearing on sites known to […]
Imagine we give you 3 full bottles of mineral water. Each bottle is identical to one another. All three contain the same quantity of water. We ask you to use descriptive words to distinguish the three. Chances are you’d describe them using adjectives that are pretty similar to each other. It’s hard to find any stark differences between these 3 bottles, isn’t it? Now… imagine we place labels on each […]
Behind some of the most game-changing businesses in the world lay a vision… a vision of what they aspired to achieve… a vision that gave the business a strong sense of direction. Visionaries such as Steve Jobs have challenged the status quo and have gone ahead to build brands that people trust and love. In a post-Jobs world, Elon Musk and his companies have been focusing on building a […]
You enter a room. In front of you, are identical triplets. You’re given a task to find the differences between them. How would you go about it? Like these young men, there are numerous products available today that are similar to each other, albeit to a lesser extent. These products are similar in terms of utility, price, efficiency, and other factors. In such an environment, how can you help your […]
- 6 Points to consider while defining your Brand’s Vision
- What is Brand Identity?
- 7 Logo Design Trends that are catching up fast…
- B(u)y The Numbers – The Complicated Relationship Between Brands And Influencers
- I Have Some Good News and Some Bad News, But Would You Like To Hear The Fake News First?
- 10 Packaging Structures that caught our eye
- Remembering Some F & B Branding Fails
- Best practices for restaurant / hotel branding
- 7 reasons why your Brand’s Architecture matters
- 5 Points to Consider While Designing a Logo for Your Brand
- No Mo’ Nano – Goodbye and Thank You For The Memories
- Life’s Good – But Is The Corporate Brand Communication?
- Let’s Raise Our Cups To a Truly Inspirational Leader
- 6 points to consider while driving Customer Engagement for your Brand
- 6 recent F&B Branding stories that will catch your eye…
- Just How Far are Brands Being Driven By Purpose?
- 7 Pitfalls to Avoid in F&B Branding
- Is It Alive Or Just Artificial?
- 5 points to consider while coining a name for your Brand
- 5 Best Practices For Personal Care Brands
- 5 Trends For F & B Brands To Watch Out For In 2018
- 7 Points To Consider While Defining Your Brand Purpose
- “Purpose” Is Back In Positioning And We Love It!
- The Public and the Republic Day
- Hearing The Voice Of Reason In The Social Echo Chamber
- The Museum: Emerging narratives in contemporary India
- What Role Can Brands Play In The Lives of their Consumers?
- The Copy-Cat Chronicles – 5 Brands That Chose to Follow and Fail
- The Feeling is Electric – The Havells story, and our part in it!
- The business of Entropy
- Hello 2018!